Friday, July 16, 2010

*July 23/10 - Home from the hospital and doing OK. The nausea has been under control with the meds, the steroids keep my jittery and sleepless, but the mainthing is I'm back with my family and for now feeling OK.
This is a busy week as Olivia's bday is on Tuesday. Her daycare friends will be coming over for a play, lunch and cake. Should be fun. Saturday she will have a separate party with her other little friends - can't wait!
I'v also made the decision that what's left of my hair (which is literally strands) needs to come off this week, so from then on in it will be Au natural, party hair and scarves...oh to have so much choice! lol
My spirits are OK, nervous how close it is till transplant time. My understanding is that I'll have some baseline scans done in about 3 weeks then go into the SCT (more chemo and the infusion of cells) - Then we cross our fingers. Not sure what the stand on radiation will be for after - we'll cross that bridge when we come to it I guess.
Everyone have a nice weekend.


*I will be admitted to the hospital sometime on Sunday for about 3 days to receive my next round of chemotherapy. I likely will not be discharged until sometime on Wednesday. It`s the longest I will have been away from my kids which breaks my heart. I plan to drug myself heavily for three days so that i may sleep through the sadness (being away from home) and the emotions this whole process (ie the self poisoning) brings me.
Brad will be off Sunday until Tuesday with the girls. I hope he will stay patient with them (as he is not typically with them for this length of time, 2 at a time and on his own). I also hope he will ask for help when he needs it (ie in the evenings) - 5am till 9pm make for a long long day even when both girls are on their best behavior. It is rewarding - just long and often tiring. I feel trapped knowing that i will not be here doing MY job.
Think of us and wish us luck.
The O`Neil`s xo

2 comments:

Abbie said...

Bath time is one of my favorite things to do at the O'Neil's!! call me ANYTIME!

Anonymous said...

Stay strong Stacy! Keep thinking positive thoughts. Lots of love, Aunt Pat & Uncle Bill xoxoxo