Monday, August 14, 2006

What DID we do this weekend...!?!?!?

Friday Night

After work, I came home and turned into somewhat of a domestic diva!!! Ok...diva yes...domestic, that perhaps might be debatable...I attempted to make zucchini loaf (a yummy treat for my husband) AND also prepared a keish to put in the Fridge for our breakfast the next morning.

Things I learned:

-Yes, white flour and whole wheat flour do make a difference. Not sure what that diffence is exactly...but the loaf did not taste like my moms. Also , it's a possibility that the lack of raisins and cinnamon made a diffence??? I didn't have those ingredients so I just didn't put the in...
-I apparently only have 1 "loaf pan" and the recipe I used called for two...so now we have a zucchini loaf AND a few zucchini muffins. The muffins as of Sunday night were gone...so they must have been somewhat edible...
-Something (not sure what) wasn't quite right with the keish. It just did not taste the way my mama's does. Maybe it will get better with practice?!?!?
-A quick note of thanks to my fabulous husband who is such a TROOPER... he tries all my cooking and even tells me how yummy it is...

Of course after all this work in the kitchen we were way too tired to prepare a meal...and besides...it was a good night to go out on a date...So off we went to:

Agave Grill for dinner and drinks.

Had my favorite dinner item on the menu... Chicken Milanesa with Goat Cheese ... A lightly breaded chicken breast topped with goat cheese and cilantro cream sauce, served with rice and vegetables ...ummm SO GOOD!!!!

Also ran into a few friends which was really nice...ummm good food, good drink, good friends...

Saturday

The weather here was gorgeous all weekend!!! Blue skies and SUNSHINE!!! And hardly any humidity!!!

We spent the morning doing our chores, the afternoon walking around the Byward Market...and the evening we had a lovely bbq at home, went for a drive down to the marina and down to our favorite local ice cream shop for a treat. Also rented MATADOR. ummm...it was an "ok" movie.

Sunday

Sunday was a very relaxing day for us.

Brad was up at the crack of dawn to play golf at Le Sorcier Golf Course with Al, Mike and Johny...From what I understand all golf cartes were returned in 1 piece...So they say...

For me, after a good sleep in, I did laundry...and pulled weeds in the garden...also did some (ok not enough) purging of the closet...Oh yes, and then sat outside and caught up on some of my reading (the weather was just too nice to be inside).
When the boys returned from golf we went over to the McC-Papineau residence for a short visit.
After a good supper and a bit of HGTV and football (depending who had the remote) it was an EARLY night for us!!!

Well that was life in a nutshell this weekend for the O'Neil's!!! Hope everyone has a great week!!

No comments: