Thursday, January 10, 2008

The introduction of CEREAL!!!

This post is perhaps slightly outdated...but thought I'd put it up anyway since this was a pretty MAJOR event in the wee girls baby life!!!

On Christmas morning (at 5 months minus 2 days old)...Miss Olivia dove into her first bowl of rice cereal!!! She was very interested in this new thing (perhaps more in all the fuss caused by her parents and grandparent who were scurrying around ...oohing and awing , clapping and taking photos/video) and did very well at getting most of in to her belly rather than all over her face!

It's been a few weeks now and this past week seems to have been a bit of a turn around. She actually gets excited to eat and we can see her swallowing the majority of the cereal (rather than pushing it out)...

So far she has had rice cereal and Barley cereal and is now up to two times a day in addition to her formula. Next week we will introduce oatmeal cereal I think.

Anyway, here is Olivia's first crack at "EATING":
...that wasn't so bad eh?!?!

Oh...now what is that I see. Olivia likes the odd sip of water. She especially likes her sippy cup which she is also getting more skilled at handling:
"Ahhhh...a job well done. I think I have done enough today to entertain all my LOYAL SUBJECTS":

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.