Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Quick update...

It's been a week and a half since my last (first) chemo treatment and although I am beyond totally exhausted, I am starting to finally feel a bit better - sort of. Just in time to head for round 2 this coming Friday.
I wasn't too sick from the actual chemo, tired Friday, Saturday and Sunday when I got home, but not too sick. The rest of the week went down hill from there. I spent it in bed, in pain. Turns out I was severely constipated (hold the jokes people). I'm on 5 different meds trying to work out the issue and to get things moving, ugh more regularly...
If it hadn't been for that little issue, last week may have been alright.
My hair is starting to fall out now. Not in big clumps yet...but that is soon I'm sure. I plan to cut it down to the nubs before that happens, so probably late this week or early next...
I bought a really cute little wig which I affectionately refer to as my party hair...I'll post pics down the road...
In the past I wasn't much of a wig girl - it felt so "weird"... I bought a few caps and head wraps to. We'll see.
The girls are doing excellent. Olivia is busy as can be and continues to amaze me everyday...she is such a smart little girl. Alexia is trying desperately to crawl now...like desperately...I'm not encouraging her...lol She is getting so cute as well, her personality shines through putting a smile on my face daily.
I need to say thank you again to everyone for the thoughts, prayers, calls, cards, food, treats and childcare :) We appreciate all the help we can get!
I'll update next week. Love the O'Neil's xo

No comments: