Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A Very special Birthday...

First, a note to thank EVERYONE for the well wishes, phone calls, cards and presents!!! I feel so incredibly spoiled!!!

A special thank you to my husband who gets more excited about my birthday than I do and planned a lovely little celebration for me...even though it wasn't one of those "milestone birthdays"...lol...

Now for the next 8 or so years i can just refer to myself as 30-something...no need to get too specific!

Another thank you to my parents for bringing me into this crazy world and who always make me feel special on my birthday especially and even when they are so far away.

This year although not one of those milestone birthdays was an incredibly important and special year for me for two reasons:

1) It was my first birthday as a mother and watching my baby be excited to help me open presents and cards and blow out candles was SO much fun...

and

2) This years birthday also marked the anniversary of 10 years since my stem cell transplant (which was performed in hopes of curing my Hodgkin's lymphoma). I'm officially 10 years in remission which is a celebration in itself.

I hope every birthday is as good as the last few but this one especially!!!

The O'Neils:
Me and my precious daughter:

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow! 10 years. That is awesome Stace! You are such a fighter and I am so happy to know that you are doing so well on so many levels. You truly deserve all the happiness in the world and I am so glad that you get spoiled by those who love you so much. I remember those days. You were always such a strong cookie! Olivia is blessed to have such a wonderful mama!

Lots of love,
Trace
xo

Anonymous said...

Spoiling you has always been my pleasure!!! I would never have imagined that 10years ago could feel like such a distant memory. Our journey has truly been one of sooo many blessings!
All my love