Friday, February 01, 2008

Mama made me some more FOOD today!!!

Todays post written by Olivia...

This is mommy and I...just hanging out...like we love to do!!! My mommy is the coolest!!!
Yesterday mommy and I made baby foods for me...Well mommy did most of the work...I did most of the supervising!!! Yesterdays project was spaghetti squash and sweet potatos!!! YUMMM YUMMM I love both!!!

Hereis our first step...We've roasted the veggies...well mommy roasted, I napped...ISH...:
...After scooping out the guts...we then PUREE the heck out of it, adding water till the consistency is just right for me...I really DON'T like this step...I am VERY SCARED of the noise that little chopper makes:
Ohhh...Here is a picture of ME. I am the OFFICIAL taste and texture tester...This is the MOST important step of all. As mommy learned the texture has to be JUST PERFECT or there is no way I'm eating it:
Oh, here is our prepared food cubes!!! This is great...mommy just freezes these food cubes then once they are frozen she puts them in labelled bags and we have a variety of foos stock piled in the freezer for me to choose from:
This whole eating food thing is going pretty well. I'm now consistantly eating cereal, veggies and fruits. My favorite veggies so far are sweet potato and squash...YUMMM...I haven't made a decision on carrots yet..and I definitely DON'T like peas!!! Mommy says she'll try them again later to see if I change my mind. So far I have eaten Apples, pears, bananas and peaches (sauces)...and they are ok...but mommy has to mix my fruit in with my cereal right now cause I find them really sweet. I'll get used to things...
Right now I am trying new things every week and exploring lots of different tastes and textures!!!
Overall... I LIKE FOOD :)

1 comment:

growing up said...

Ok so I tried the making my own baby food when Liz was born:) I thought I would try again when Mikaela was born...all I can say is you are doing a much better job then I ever did LOL I can even say I tried when I had infants in the daycare...nope didnt work then either:) Have fun Olivia

Love Aunt Theresa